Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More Zebra Chic

In my ongoing theme of " All Things Zebra" this week, I am featuring in this post the magnificent zebra used in ways other than carpets. Zebra prints on stools & ottomans seem to be the most predominant way to get a little zebra into your room.

Home of a Houston purse designer via Cote de Texas
I love the black walls. In another photo further down in this post Miles Redd has also used black walls.

This fabric is a classic that Brunschwig has done for years called "Le Zebre"



A classic French fauteuil chair covered in zebra
Above 3 photos Miles Redd
An interesting diversion from the black and white - Miles Redd used zebra pattern to cover two chairs in taupe and cream. Note the black walls.

Another colorway of Brunschwig's classic "Le Zebre" print used on a headboard

Zebra cushions used by Mary McDonald

How about zebra used as a wall hanging. Photo Cote de Texas from Round Top market, Texas

And what about a zebra striped ceramic stool?
O Magazine Sept 2007 spotted at Fresh Pallette

I love the way that Miles Redd has used zebra with studs to cover the doors in his own apartment

In my own office I have zebra totes to organize client samples

For my new guest bedroom I am using "Safari" sheets for the bedding mixed with chocolate silk shams & coverlet. I think I will want to sleep in my guest bedroom when it is finished.

And lastly I have just purchased this yummy pair of Steve Madden moccasins lined in sheep skin.
What do you think...could a touch of zebra be used somewhere in your home or wardrobe?