Sunday, February 8, 2009

These are a Few of My Favourite Things

My Motto is "When you live with beautiful things, you stimulate your mind, you enjoy life a little more."  
I have a tray in my bathroom that I look at everyday that holds some of my most favourite things. 
It makes me happy every time I look at it, and isn't that what makes life worthwhile to find beauty and happiness in the little things. 

  • The Ivory necklace that I got when I was on Safari in Africa brings back fond memories.

  • The little Hermes bag that is filled with fragrance samples that I got as a gift when I made a purchase at Hermes -the orange color and the delicate brown ribbon makes me smile.

  • My favourite fragrances: Jo Malone & Cartier.

  • The Louis Vuitton zippered case, lined in brown suede holds my favourite pieces of jewelry.

  • The engraved silver lidded bowl that holds my watch and bracelets at night.

  • The two crystal silver toped jars, the taller one is a Victorian sugar shaker that I have re-purposed to hold talcum powder and the smaller one is a vintage ink well that now holds a small portion of my favourite cream.

Why not try rounding up a collection of some of your favourite things that make you happy every time you look at them.

028

 025

Patricia Gray writes about emerging trends, her inspirations, "What's HOT" in the world of Design, as well as sneak peaks of her work.