Wednesday, January 23, 2008

{ Registry Bliss }

Anne from Perfect Bound Blog contacted me recently and asked me to contribute to a series of Posts she is doing on "Registry Bliss". Her instructions were: "to pick my Top Five Dream Registry items...she goes on to add: I'm not talking about a Crate and Barrel coffeemaker here. Instead, truly over the top items that are neither practical nor budget friendly in any way". Well did she ever ask the right person as I was left wide open to have some fun doing this. Although I do think that what I have chosen to present are all very practical, but I'll leave it up to your discretion whether they are budget friendly as budget is a very relative term. The following is my contribution.
Please check out the other posts on Perfect Bound on Registry Bliss
Enjoy
Classic Bride

Toast and Tables

(Reprinted from Perfect Bound)
"It's not everyday that you stumble upon a blog from an actual practicing interior designer." Such is the case with Patricia Gray Interior Design. I have recently been starting my day with visits to Patricia's blog and they have been brighter and better styled because of it. I was flattered when she agreed to contribute to this week's Registry Bliss. While many of us are happy to flip through magazines, Patricia Gray continues to be featured in several of them. I think we're all in for a treat.
1. Four Poster Steel Campaign Bed. A similar one a available through Niermann Weeks. Picture Mimmi O'Connell.
2. Philippe Starck Ghost Chairs & Knoll Saarinen Table with Carrera Marble Top are both classics and will make your kitchen the most stylish and talked about. Available at Design within Reach. $310 and $6603. A beautiful pair of Vintage Murano Glass table lamps. You will cherish these for a lifetime. Available through Swank Lighting. From from $1,800 to $6,000 per pair.4. A pair of matching Pratesi Bathrobes and the matching towels. These are made form the best Egyptian Cotton and are absolutely fabulous next to the skin. Available through Pratesi.5. Miele CVA4085SS Stainless Steel Espresso Machine & Coffee Maker. It does it all for you, grinds the beans, foams the milk, electronic display. It even has individualized setting for your coffee favorites. Available at Miele. $2749.
PS I would be interested to know what you would pick from this list to register for.....